Long-Range Financial Outlook (Three-Year Plan)
In 2006, Florida voters adopted a constitutional amendment that requires the development of a Long-Range Financial Outlook, setting out recommended fiscal strategies for the state and its departments in order to assist the legislature in making budget decisions. The Legislative Budget Commission is required to issue the Outlook by September 15th of each year. The 2010 Outlook is the fourth document developed in accordance with the provisions of Article III, Section 19(c)(1) of the Florida Constitution.
Ultimately, the Outlook is a tool that provides an opportunity to both avoid future budget problems and maintain more financial stability between state fiscal years. The Outlook accomplishes this by providing a longer-range picture of the state's fiscal position that integrates projections of the major programs driving Florida's annual budget requirements with the revenue estimates. In this regard, the projections primarily reflect current-law spending requirements and tax provisions. It also includes budgetary, economic, demographic, and debt analyses to provide a framework for the financial projections and covers the upcoming three fiscal years: 2013-14, 2014-15, and 2015-16.
- FY 13-14 through 15-16 (Fall 2012) [pdf]
- FY 12-13 through 14-15 (Fall 2011) [pdf]
- FY 11-12 through 13-14 (Fall 2010) [pdf]
- FY 10-11 through 12-13 (Fall 2009) [pdf]
- FY 09-10 through 11-12 (Fall 2008) [pdf]
- FY 08-09 through 10-11 (Fall 2007) [pdf]
- FY 06-07 through 08-09 (Fall 2006) [pdf]
- FY 05-06 through 07-08 (Fall 2005) [pdf]
Last Revised: December 5, 2012