Local Government Financial Reporting - Instructions
The following Excel worksheets have been made available for county and municipal governments to report the specified information. Using the data furnished by each county or municipal government in its respective form, as well as publicly-available data collected from appropriate sources, EDR staff will make calculations of government spending per resident, government debt per resident, average employee salary, and percent of the entity's budget spent on salary and benefits. The 2020 County and Municipal Reporting Forms are posted below. Please review the Instructions for Completing the 2020 Local Government Reporting Form and Answers to Frequently Asked Questions documents prior to completing the form or emailing EDR staff with questions.
As of October 20th, nine counties and 155 municipalities had not submitted forms. Although the statutory deadline has passed, EDR will continue to accepted completed forms.
Instructions and Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- Instructions for Completing the 2020 Local Government Reporting Form [pdf]
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions [pdf]
Updated Supplemental Information:
- Active Special Districts as of August 20, 2020 [xlsx]; Data Source: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, Special District Accountability Program.
- Estimates of Median Household Income [xlsx]; Data Source: U.S. Census Bureau, 2014-2018 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates.
- Local Population Estimates less Inmates-April 1, 2014-2020 [xlsx]; Data Source: Bureau of Economic and Business Research (BEBR), University of Florida. (Note: The 2020 population estimates will be available later this calendar year.)
Pursuant to law, county and municipal government must submit the requested information annually to EDR by October 15th.
Questions about the reporting forms and/or instructions can be directed to EDR Analyst, Steven O'Cain at firstname.lastname@example.org. When completed, please email the Excel file to Steven O'Cain.
Last Revised: October 21, 2020