Local Government Financial Reporting
Chapter 2019-56, Laws of Florida, requires each county and municipal budget officer to submit certain information regarding the local government's final budget and economic status by October 15th of each year. This is the first year of data submissions, and preliminary information is now available for all counties and most municipalities.
Using the data submitted by local governments, EDR calculated the following six statutorily-required metrics.
- Government spending per resident, including the rate for the five preceding fiscal years;
- Government debt per resident, including the rate for the five preceding fiscal years;
- Median income within the county or municipality;
- Average county or municipal employee salary;
- Percent of the entity's budget spent on salaries and benefits for the entity's employees; and
- Number of special taxing districts that are located October 15th of each year wholly or partially within the county or municipality.
- Raw Data File for Municipalities [xlsx]
- EDR's Calculations of Statutory Metrics for Municipalities [pdf]
These files will be updated if additional responses are received.
Last Revised: December 13, 2019